1. It was stated in the Lesson that God has made you “once, twice, three times a lady.” Where are you in this progression? Obviously we have all been physically born, but are you ‘twice a lady’? Have you been born again spiritually? This may be a private matter you’d like to discuss confidentially. If so, email me. If you have already received this gift, write a brief prayer of thanksgiving or testimony.
I’m coming up to a full year of being a true Christian. I was raised attending Catholic church & school until I was 12 or 13, & even went to church by myself in high school to participate in the music ministry (at that time, for the wrong reasons since I had no personal relationship with God!) Despite that & even my believing in God, I was not truly saved then — I didn’t know the Gospel, even though I may have heard it & did also hear it from Christian friends. After college, I moved to my current city for a part-time job here, & a few months later felt called to attend a local church (by God though I didn’t know it then), & another few months later was saved by truly hearing the Gospel. God’s been teaching me more & more ever since, up to my current situations & I don’t know where I’d be without His grace!
2. Are you three times a lady? Has God given you a stirring deep within your Spirit to be a ‘deliverer’? Do you have a desire or are you already meeting a need in the life of the church, a particular ministry (such as jail ministry, food ministry, etc.) or perhaps individuals who share common issues?
I have a desire & am working in worship ministry at my church (which is also where I feel God is calling me), & will soon be serving a need there as well by leading one of our two worship services with our worship pastor moving to another church. So, yes, I suppose so. However, I feel like I should be doing more as well–to help those who don’t have a relationship with Christ!
3. Do you ever get tired of waiting for that opportunity to do something worthwhile for God? Do you ever feel God is using someone else instead of you?
Yes, I have (had?) been for a while, & still do. I want to be used by God, but I also feel overwhelmed by work & other coming responsibilities (though in these I feel like He is definitely going to be using me more very soon!) I continually hope He will use me despite my feeling that I don’t have the time or experience to be used sometimes — a sometimes off-base feeling I need to work on changing!
4. What do you consider ‘worthwhile ministry’? Are you like me and sometimes find yourself mistakenly thinking it has to be Big to be Important?
Yes, I definitely mistake ‘worthwhile’ for having to be, at least, hugely impacting of others. I’ve never led someone to salvation in Christ, or influenced anyone to it that I know of. Often I feel like that is the only worthy thing, but I know in my heart of hearts that there are many other needs as well!
5. Have you ever taken a spiritual gifts test? If yes, what are yours? If no, here’s a good one from Ephesians 4 Ministry. Will you take it and come back with a response? Knowing some of you like I already do, I can almost pick out what your gift is before you say it. I can’t wait to see if I’m right!
One of my gifts that I am aware of through God’s using me is encouragement. In usual circumstances, I don’t do this myself–I know it is the Holy Spirit. In times, He has, for example, led me to send an encouraging email when I didn’t have a clue why I felt I needed to contact the person on the receiving end.
(According to the Ephesians 4 Ministry test, my top spiritual gifts are mercy & pastoring/shepherding. The gift of exhortation & teaching are tied as next on the list. I don’t know that I exactly understand what exhortation is exactly! (Feel free to explain your take on it!) I also wonder if I could be confusing Encouragement & Mercy… well, I think it’s time to educate myself more in my spiritual gifts then…)
[On to Part 2 of this Section!]