Wow, I sure did forget about this Bible study. Finally decided to do the final lesson in part two (God’s timing is right though, isn’t it?) There is more yet though! See Lisa‘s I AM So You Don’t Have To Be Bible Study
Too often our identity is found in a material possession or social status. When asking ourselves, ‘Who am I?’, be certain the answer is bound in the heart of Christ. He is everything we cannot be and sufficient to fill every needy place. He is beautiful, all-knowing, strong, self-assured, and so much more so we do not have to be! When our lives are intertwined with His Spirit, we will never have to long to be more than we are, for HE IS. Praise Him!
…God stopped him and said, ‘Take that snake by the tail, Moses.’ Girls, there is only so much time we need to spend dwelling on our past failures, shames, and heartaches. The God who allows despair has also ordained a deliverance.
1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to ‘go back’ to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel?
Nothing “big” that I can think of, though there have been little things before. The usual feeling in such things is that of being humbled & having to let go of caring about how I appear to others (or maybe just to myself!)
2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable.
Yes, somewhat. Definitely past that I’m not comfortable even thinking about, much less sharing.
3. When is the last time you felt like an overcomer?
Fully? I take the fullness away from myself because of lack of letting go, that is, of being too hard on myself about getting in the Word for enough time, etc. (that’s such rubbish, too! It’s about relationship & getting in the Word will help but being hard on myself when I miss a day just hurts that!) So, I am ashamed to say that I STILL struggle with being overly legalistic toward myself, but this has gone from 95% down to probably 1-2%! I feel I’ve come a long way, but the enemy still tries to get me down & I need God’s continual help to ignore the enemy’s lies in trying to make me feel unworthy of God’s affections. I seriously want to take the enemy’s tail & throw him into the fiery abyss!!
4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders?
In regard to #3, yes yes yes! As for #2, I’m still fight (the enemy or is it trusting God?) I know who I am in Christ & yet worry God will ask me to do things I’m fearful of. It’s about just not worrying about a thing & trusting Him with all things of course. & so this probably isn’t something I should worry about at all, along with all else we humans deal with day-to-day. Maybe that’s the problem — there’s no reason to have worry at all because, YES — I know who I am in Christ! I want God to use me as a vessel through which to show His love to them!
5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: “I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one.” Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I’m expecting a ‘yes’!
Done. That’s definitely something I’ve got to do!!