What does it mean to be a worship leader? We know it is not simply to sing songs or play music: There is so much more.
A worship leader sets themselves apart to minister to the heart of God and lead others to do the same when we gather as a Body. We serve others by pointing them to the One who gave His life for us and is worthy of our everything.
1. Pursue God above all else
The most important aspect of your life is your relationship with Jesus. The “more” that we long for in every aspect of life is found only in Him (John 17:3), for He only fulfills every longing of our hearts.
- Do you set aside a regular alone time with God, cultivating a closer relationship with Him?
- Do you feel connected to Him and have an increasing hunger to be with Him?
- Do you give Him first place in your life and seek to live surrendered to Him?
For those whose answer is no or not really: Begin by setting aside a regular time to talk with God daily and endeavor to keep the appointment with Him. Pray Scripture-based prayers and from your heart, then journal what you sense the Lord revealing to you. You will never regret building a personal history with God.
Some helpful posts on growing your relationship with God:
2. As you lead, maintain a dominant melody line that others can follow Continue reading